Areas of Responsibility
- Supervise 3rd- and 4th-year medical students as they provide primary health care to patients (Note: Attending physicians must write an addendum to all student Eclipsys notes).
- Be on-call for the following week. This includes being available as a resource for the Clinic Coordinator in order to follow-up on any issues that arose with patients seen at Saturday clinic, including laboratory abnormalities.
- Volunteer attendings ideally would work every 2-3 months.
- Provide services to the community and gain a better understanding of the health care needs of the uninsured.
- Work with a team of volunteers including medical, nursing, nutrition, and public health students to provide integrated health care to the uninsured and underserved.
- Must be board certified in internal medicine or family practice.
- Must have a current NYPH appointment and Columbia University credentials.
- Must have admitting privileges to NYPH.
- Must have active malpractice insurance.
- In general, full time clinicians who meet the above criteria will have insurance policies which cover them for their work at our clinic. Part time clinicians may have policies that are limited in time and/or scope and which may not cover them for their work at our clinic.
CoSMO is actively recruiting the participation of additional attending physicians. If you are interested, please email email@example.com